Name: Joaquin Barroso-Flores
Born: March 15th, 1978 Mexico City
- Chemistry Faculty, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Chemist (graduated with honors, 2001)
- Chemistry Faculty, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). PhD in chemistry (2001 – 2005)
Downloadable CV: Barroso CV 2012 English
Current work: Associate researcher at the Joint Center for Research in Sustainable Chemistry (CCIQS), which is part of the Institute of Chemistry from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). This center is located at the city of Toluca, 100 km west from Mexico City. (Link to official site on Instituto de Química)
Current projects: DFT and Molecular Dynamics calculations on calixarene systems as drug delivery agents.
ResearchGate profile: Dr. Joaquín Barroso-Flores
Academia.edu profile: Dr. Joaquín Barroso-Flores
Open Researcher & Contributor ID (ORCID): 0000-0003-0554-7569
- Associate Researcher at Instituto de Química, UNAM. Mexico. (May 2010 – present)
- Postdoc researcher at Facultatea de Chemie si Ingenieria Chimica, Universitatea Babes-Bolyai; Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Click on the following link to find out more about the MOLSEN project, currently under development by our team at Babes-Bolyai. (Dec. 2008 – Jan 2010)
- Associate Research Fellow at Centro de Investigacion en Polimeros (COMEXgroup) (2006 – 2008)
- TA electromagnetism with Prof. Dr. Germund Hojer at the Chemistry Faculty, UNAM (2003 – 2005)
- High School Chemistry teacher at Escuela Preparatoria Logos (Chemistry I & II) (2002 – 2003)
Research interests: Theoretical chemistry; Computational chemistry; Description of molecular properties in weakly interacting systems through assessment of electron density distribution.
- Azucena Garduño-Alva, M. Carmen Ortega-Alfaro, José G. López-Cortés, Isabel Chávez, Joaquin Barroso-Flores, Rubén A. Toscano, Henri Rudler, and Cecilio Álvarez-Toledano “Synthesis of new γ-lactones from preactivated monosubstituted pyrazines and TMS–ketene acetals” Can. J. Chem. 2012, 90 (5): 469-482
- Joaquín Barroso-Flores, Petronela Maria Petrar; Ioan Silaghi-Dumitrescu, Sandor Kunsagi-Mate “Ab initio calculations of electronic interactions in inclusion comoplexes of calix- and thiacalix[n]arenes and block s cations” J. Incl. Phenom. Macrocycl. Chem. 2012 online first DOI: 10.1007/s10847-012-0144-6
Jocelyn Alcántara-García, Vojtech Jancik, Joaquín Barroso, Raymundo Cea-Olivares, Mónica Moya-Cabrera, “Coordination Diversity of Aluminum centers Molded by Triazole Based Chalcogen Ligands” Inorganic Chemistry (2009) 48, 13 5545-5558.
- Joaquín Barroso-Flores, J. A. Cogordan “Influence of Intramolecular Sn-Chalcogen interactions on the conformational preferences for three Diorganotin (IV) Xanthates.” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry 691 (2006) 4937-4944.
- Óscar Baldovino-Pantaleón, Joaquín Barroso-Flores, J.A. Cogordan, Simón Hernández-Ortega, Rubén A. Toscano, David Morales-Morales, “Phosphane-free C-C Heck couplings catalyzed by Pd(II) fluorinated aniline complexes of the type trans-[PdCl2(NH2ArF)2]” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A. Chemical 247 (2005) 65-72.
- Joaquín Barroso-Flores, Raymundo Cea-Olivares, Rubén A. Toscano, J. A. Cogordan, “Synthesis of the anisobidentate compound bis(2-amino-cyclopent-1-ene-carbodithioate)diethyltin (IV). Experimental and theoretical study” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry 689 (2004) 2096-2102.
- Joaquín Barroso-Flores, J. A. Cogordan “A theoretical approach on the secondary interactions formed in common organotellurium (IV) compounds. Uncommon geometries explained.” In writing.
- Joaquín Barroso-Flroes, J. A. Cogordan “The Local Bond Order revisited”. In writing.
Languages: English, Romanian, German, Spanish